Thursday, January 6, 2022

Ogri'La Chicken Fingers

 From the World of WarCraft Official Cookbook, our family recently tried the Ogri'La Chicken Fingers.

This is a very straightforward recipe, skill level: apprentice, and total prep and cook time at around 30 minutes.

I actually had our 14 year old daughter, who has gotten a little selective about food in recent years, help me select recipes she'd be willing to try from all of these fantasy cookbooks.  My husband is a big fan of chicken, but our daughter not so much.  She was, however, willing to try these.



Daughter rates the finished product a full 5 stars out of 5.  I agree.  Husband rates them as a 4 out of 5 and said he'd like a bit more seasoning in the batter.  Your milage may vary.  I don't think they need any additional salt, but I may try some smoked paprika or a pinch of cayenne in the batter next time.

We used local chicken breast, and served with homemade honey mustard sauce, a simple caesar salad, and the herbed boiled potatoes from the Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook.

I was a bit skeptical about browning the breadcrumbs ahead of time, as directed in the recipe.  I was afraid they would become overdone, maybe even burnt, but that was not at all the case.  These came out a perfect crunchy golden brown, and the chicken inside was surprisingly tender and moist. Far better than anything you can get at your local drive-through, these are well worth the effort.

I think the batter under the breadcrumbs, as opposed the normal routine I've done in the past of egg wash, seasoned flour, then breadcrumbs, make these extra tender and delicious. Honestly, the best breaded baked chicken recipe I've ever tried. I will 100% be adding this recipe to a monthly rotation. And because they are baked and not fried, I don't even feel guilty for serving my family chicken fingers for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Feast of Ice and Fire, a Cookbook Review

 Authors Chelsea Monroe-Cassel and Sariann Lehrer have done a marvelous job with this Official Companion Cookbook. More than 200 glossy page...